Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Outtake: El Dantes Boots




(Photos sourced from El Dantes)

As I was leisurely strolling back to Kings Cross station, after running some brief errands for a theology assignment, bold 50% off sale signs in Raben Footwear were calling to me. "Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! SHOES!" I've only ever seen two of these stores in my entire existence. Both in shitty areas of Sydney. Both selling ridiculously overpriced shoes. Mostly Dr. Marten and Creeper knock-offs, however they also offer a variety of gothic/punk/stripper platform-ish shoes. I quickly scanned the window, maybe something would stick out to me... Low and behold, front and centre were a pair of very chunky tan, black and brown patchwork leather platform boots. Struggling to contain my excitement, I snatched them off the shelf and hugged them to my chest.
Nek minnit, I'm manically asking the shop assistants "Size 8? DO THEY COME IN SIZE 8?" The shop assistant casually looked up at me, her face slightly horrified to see me so passionate about a pair of boots, and said to my utmost dismay, "No. Size 6 only. Last pair."
Tears were threatening to spill (not really, but for the sake of this story) and I quickly took a photo of the label on the bottom of the sole. Crestfallen, I passed the shoe back to the lady and left the store.
Once I got home I began to intensely google the brand El Dantes. All I could think about what a perfect addition to my wardrobe they would be. To my luck, I found their Spanish website, full of incredible boots, all at affordable prices. To my irritation, none of their shoes came in my size.

Moral of the story? Get smaller feet. 

6 comments:

  1. ah man those shoes are amazing!!! well affordable as well, sad that they don't do your size :( I'd just try and shove my feet in them regardless! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Such a perfect blend of western goth hiker:( One day I will own a pair, I'm determined! xxxx

      Delete
  2. OKAY I'M ABOUT TO FIND THEIR SPANISH WEBSITE AND PRAY TO JESUS THEY HAVE SIZE 7. PLEASE. these are FLAWLESS. oh my fuck. incredible find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY THE ONLY SIZE THEY HAVE IS 7!!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THEY GO OK?!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!