Wearing: Miracle Eye bellbottoms and everything else is vintage/thrifted
This outfit though. Like seriously, not to sound vain or anything, but I could be the lovechild of Stevie Nicks and Sapphire (Fairuza Balk in Almost Famous.) You know, the whole 60s psychedelic bohemian witch groupie thing? Yeah... Sometimes I'm pretty good at getting dressed when I have the right style inspiration. I also need to thank my lovely little Larissa, from Miracle Eye, for designing the world's best bellbottoms because these pants totally make me feel like a groovy velvet panther on the prowl or something. I've never owned pants that are so comfortable, almost like high-waisted trackie dacks, and so flattering at the same time.
Okay, on to serious stuff now. Since coming home from India my blog kind of fell to the wayside, and I'm really disappointed in myself for that. I feel like I haven't opened up to you guys in a little while, that I've been a shadow of myself posting from a distant faraway land. So let's do a little catch-up:
- March (I know we're just into May now but I've been absent for a good little while) was my little month of mayhem. I got back into the swing of things at work and uni, and returned to my humdrum life. I saw a band almost every weekend - Caravana Sun, Sticky Fingers & Jungle Giants - which was a lot of fun. And I also became a little cash happy; resulting in a severely depleted bank account, a lot of buyers guilt, and a fresh, 'snazzy' wardrobe.
- April was along the same line of chaos. I went clubbing once or twice, which is quite the rarity. The Easter long weekend involved a lot of family and shit-load of chocolate, which has me almost convinced I could possibly live without chocolate for the rest of my life quite comfortably.
- Uni sucks hairy fucking balls. It feels like I say this every semester, but I feel like I'm suffocating in a fabricated educational institution with no way out yet to conform. And that seems kind of easy, ya' know following prescribed rules to just get out and get into the "real world". But honestly, having 5000 words worth of essays due in 10 days gives me no incentive to grow up and enter the "real world."
- May is also set to be along the same line of crazy. Uni is going to be hectic, I have my Grandma and Great-Aunty visiting for a few days, my boyfriends birthday is on the 8th, mine on the 11th (which coincides with Mothers Day) I'm seeing The Temples on the 9th with Caitlan, and maybe a few Friday or Saturday nights out drinking and dancing thrown in for the heck of it. So yes. Busy. Busy. Busy.
- And even though it feels like I've been absent since before India, I've actually got a heap of outfits written down in my outfit-notebook, a few 'Outtake' & 'Blogger Babe' posts lined up and ready to go, and my long awaited India travel posts will be coming. I need to sort through my few thousand photos, do a little bit of editing and figure out how I will be breaking down these photo into separate posts.
Hopefully you guys have had a lovely week, and I'll try to have an 'Outtake' post up for you all on the weekend!