Friday, 11 July 2014

063 - When Love Runs High

Wearing: Everything vintage, Platform heels c/o Missguided

Here is a little sneak peek into my bedroom. One day, when I'm completely happy with how it looks, I'll do a small room tour so you can see my entire layout. But for now, this will have to do. Todays post is in collaboration with Missguided, as I was kindly sent these shoes to style and incorporate in their #GreatEscape footwear campaign. The jist of things was to choose and wear an item of footwear in the place that "makes you truly happy and helps you escape the hustle and bustle of life." And all I could think of was my bedroom. 
I love my bedroom an abnormal amount. I'm surrounded by the cosiest textures, the richest colours and the most comfortable atmosphere. My bed is decked out in throws and cushions, making it heaven at the end of a long day. My books and jewellery are all on display, and my room constantly has a nice fragrance (at the moment I'm burning three candles: papaya, passionfruit and coconut & lime. AKA tropical paradise in the middle of a chilly Australian winter) And I'm always immersed in my collection of clothes. Yes, collection not just clothes. Again, stemming off from a previous blog post, my clothes are much more than clothes. They are wearable pieces of art that are all unique and all hold a special place in my wardrobe.
Now onto the outfit. To be honest, nothing special at all. I had the intention of being risque and wearing my Bad Vibes shorts and going topless, with my kimono robe covering my boobs but self-esteem got in the way and the look didn't turn out how I envisioned it. So instead, I'm donned by favourite little black dress, threw on some impressive jewellery and became my interpretation of a 60s sex kitten.
All in all, I'm pretty stoked that these photos turned out so well and that I now have a new (free) pair of shoes to strut my stuff in! Happy Friday y'all, have a sweet weekend and I'll catch you on the flip-side!


9 comments:

  1. Divine room! I would LOVE to see more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks andrea!! and you'll see more soon hopefully! ;)

      Delete
  2. ahh omg you look incredible! I adore your bedroom, so funky. and the editing on the first photo is so cool x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lena! i love your comments :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I have my own insecurities to deal with too... my hips, my thighs, my ass... and i decided this year that that's it, i'm going to love those parts of me... life's too short. Follow your vision and do whatever the f*ck you want I say. Though your "60s sex kitten" is SO inspiring, I adore it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that I can deal with my insecurities in real life, and not give two fucks what people think - but once there is photographic evidence of my rolls and cellulite I feel so shit about myself. Hopefully I'll be able to change that soon but oh well... But your attitude makes me want to change! And thanks Nat xxxx

      Delete
  4. My queen! You literally couldn't be any more perfect x

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so gorgeous and your style is so perfect!

    xx Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your print and texture mixing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it!